Whether or not the following short, inspiring Christmas story is true, it is a wonderfully inspiring story for people of any faith. In this season of love, may we all remember the beautiful love of a small child. I wish you all a meaningful and love-filled Christmas season and new year ahead. May your days be filled with love, joy, growth, and inspiration.
With heartfelt love and best wishes,
Fred Burks for the inspiring and educational PEERS websites
THE GOLD WRAPPING PAPER - An Inspiring Christmas Story
Once upon a time, there was a man who worked very hard just to keep food on the table for his family. This particular year a few days before Christmas, he punished his little five-year-old daughter after learning that she had used up the family's only roll of expensive gold wrapping paper.
As money was tight, he became even more upset when on Christmas Eve he saw that the child had used all of the expensive gold paper to decorate one shoebox she had put under the Christmas tree. He also was concerned about where she had gotten the money to buy what was in the shoebox.
Nevertheless, the next morning the little girl, filled with excitement,
brought the gift box to her father and said, "This is for you,
As he opened the box, the father was embarrassed by his
earlier overreaction, now regretting how he had punished her.
But when he opened the shoebox, he found it was empty and
again his anger flared. "Don't you know, young lady," he said
harshly, "when you give someone a present, there's supposed to be something
inside the package!"
The little girl looked up at him with sad tears rolling from her eyes and whispered:
"Daddy, it's not empty. I blew kisses into it until it was all
The father was crushed. He fell on his knees and put his
arms around his precious little girl. He begged her to forgive him for
his unnecessary anger.
An accident took the life of the child only a short time later. It is told
that the father kept this little gold box by his bed for all the years of
his life. Whenever he was discouraged or faced difficult problems,
he would open the box, take out an imaginary kiss, and remember the love
of this beautiful child who had put it there.
In a very real sense, each of us has been given an invisible
golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children,
family, friends and God. There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.
Note: For several other short, inspiring Christmas stories, click here.
For more inspiration:
- See our awesome collection of a variety of inspiring resources available here.
- For several dynamic online courses which invite you to shine light into the darkness, open more fully to love, and powerfully expand your horizons, click here.
- For some of the most inspiring short video clips on the Internet, click here.
- Read concise summaries of highly inspiring major media reports available here.
- Share the inspiration with your friends and bookmark this article on key news websites using the "Share" icon on this page.
- We need your support. Please help our work to grow and thrive by donating at this link.
See our collection of inspiring resources at www.weboflove.org/inspiringresources
Your tax-deductible donations, however large or small, help greatly to support this important work.
To make a donation by credit card, check, or money order: www.weboflove.org/donationswol
Explore the mind and heart expanding websites managed by the nonprofit PEERS network:
- PEERS websites: Spreading inspiration, education, & empowerment
- Every person in the world has a heart
www.personalgrowthcourses.net - Dynamic online courses powerfully expand your horizons
- Reliable, verifiable information on major cover-ups
- Strengthening the Web of Love that interconnects us all
Subscribe to or unsubscribe from the PEERS email list of inspiration and education (one email per week). Or subscribe to the list of news and research on deep politics (one email every few days).